Monday, January 9, 2012

Reality hits.


I'm back...phew.
Aahhhhh. I'm home. (Even though my current home is falling apart- which is another story entirely!) I'm happy to be here! Mumbai, here we are- together again. Like old friends reunited. After two weeks away on the road with the KCM, the QM, the PM, the little princes, HRH and some other darling friends I am back. The prodigal Queen has returned.
Food poisoning (yes I know...even I couldn't believe Prince M's bad luck!) a mini bus, lot's of curry, bottles of champagne, more curry, Bollywood music, let's throw in one Taj Mahal for good measure, even more curry, one too many mojito's, one too many late nights, much family arguing, did I say curry? And a hell of a lot of bartering over tacky souvenirs for the mother and you begin to have an idea of what I have just survived! It was hilarious. And exhausting. I am now one step past shattered. I think I need a holiday from the HOLIDAY!!! But at least the QM got to see the Taj Mahal in all it's glory. And that's worth it.
So I have a few resolutions for the naya saal... To finally get those hindi lessons I have been talking about, to eat 100% veg all week (dubious on the likelihood of this one) and to exercise more. My arse has grown it's own arse...sadly. It's true though. All those butter roti's and stuffed paratha's. Aaree bhagwan I need to jump on a treadmill and run non stop for a week. And maybe if I'm lucky I might run fast enough to lose one of my arses in the dust?! Doubt it but dream's are free.
What else? The HRH is currently in Udaipur working on designs for the resort. Had a wonderful visit of our land again and it was just as beautiful as ever. It's all starting to fall into place slowly. HRH is helping the PM get settled with an apartment in Udaipur and meet with bank managers etc. The poor thing is pretty homesick. He's been ringing me non- stop since we parted ways a few days ago.
I woke up this morning, dropped the wee ones off and have just been getting all my emails up to date. Groan. My housekeeper and I have had MTV Bollywood hits blaring and both been singing away loudly. Here's the one that I have rolling over in my head right now. It's from the "Ladies vs Ricky Bahl". Anushka Sharma the female lead seems to be all over everything at the moment. Her career is soaring, she's not my fave but I always have time for the new comers in Bollywood.
Esha Gupta...You see what I mean right?
I also leave you with a photo of Esha Gupta...current Bollywood/ fashion IT girl. Ridiculously beautiful...annoyingly so huh? She's currently making the transition from model to actress and is EVERYWHERE. Grumble grumble grumble. Gym for me I suppose. That's what you get for having a life. You eat. You drink. You pay.
Am planning a ladies night on wednesday night here in the house of horrors so will keep you posted. Here's to 2012 let's make it the best yet!
Queenie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment