Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rugby World Cup...

Ridiculous? Whats in the water down there?
Wow- I watched the rugby world cup opening ceremony yesterday and have to say that for a little country New Zealand sure did an absolutely amazing job! Considering their country was shocked by an awful earthquake in Christchurch killing over 200 people and costing over 6-8% of their G.D.P earlier in the year - they rose above and managed to get it together. It seems like a heck of a lot of money to spend on an opening ceremony of a rugby tournament...But it's part of the kiwi culture -from little 4 yr olds to the retirees in their twilight years. Rugby just seems to bring them so much joy. It was nice to see so many people of many different cultures united- if not just for that one night. And I do have to admit that those kiwis are pretty damn good looking...they have hands down the hottest team in the tournament if I don't say so myself! Every friggin player looks like a caramel coloured super model. It's just ridiculous. So, if not for any other reason than that- I'm going to have to back the All Blacks. Some would have thought I would be for France or Australia? But with those Jockey underwear models playing for N.Z like Dan Carter and Sonny Bill Williams -I think I know where my loyalties lie! Even that Kahui boy is pretty delicious. There's just so much choice downunder. I'm sure there's got to be something in the water down there. I mean line em up next to the french or the english and there's just no comparison. The poor poms and froggies don't stand a chance...they just aren't built the same in the northern hemisphere. Bless their french little cotton socks...
And this guy isn't half bad either...
On another very exciting front...we are moving into the apartment in 2 hours time! I just can't friggin believe it. "HRH" came home last night with the contract signed and the transfer made into their account. This is it. We finally have a home. No more hotel...no more suitcases. We're outta here! Queenie is finally going to be residing in the "Queen of all Suburbs"- Bandra West here we come. Little princes are ecstatic. And quite frankly so am I.
Hmmmm. Will have to stop at the bottle store. We need supplies for a celebration. And when is the next NZ rugby game scheduled for? Think I've decided I quite like rugby now. Ahem. I'm serious!
Queenie

No comments:

Post a Comment