Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

I'll have a Sangria....and keep them coming
Looked in the mirror this morning. Big mistake I must admit. The haggard old lady looking back at me seemed to answer to my name. Damn it. That really is me then. Oh stuff it. I'm going to have a whole box of chocolate and open a nice chilled bottle of chardonnay. Pre christmas diet begins tomorrow. Honest.
So we're not going anywhere for thanksgiving. Every man and his dog seems to be jetting off to an exotic location except us. But we have to be responsible and focus on landscape design for the property in Rajasthan. Ho hum- it doesn't cut the mustard though. The neighbours smiled smugly this evening as they walked through the lobby with their suitcases rolling behind them. I smiled and asked where they were off to (wish I bloody hadn't) because the response was: "Phuket- you know Thailand?" Yes of course I bloody know Thailand. Grumble grumble. White sandy beaches. Cocktails, delicious food. Yes I know bloody Thailand all right. Sorry, I know how spoilt I sound right now... Never mind. I don't even want to go to Thailand for the long weekend anyway. (I'M LYING RIGHT NOW IN CASE YOU COULDN"T TELL).
I'm going to have a top up on my vino though and sulk about it. Although there's heaps to do here over thanksgiving weekend. A nice long sunday brunch. Yes that'll do. Maybe Olive? With the non stop Sangria's....? Hmmmm could be worse. I might get a group together. Done.
Queenie -the horribly spoilt sounding Queen of the suburbs...I'm not though. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment