Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ordered Mayhem

A breakfast bloody mary? 
Good morning Mumbai! I love mornings in India. It is the quietest, coolest most beautiful time of the day. As usual the sun is shining. Shop fronts are still closed. Chai wallas are making their way around for the people off to work. Dosas are sizzling away on the street corners. A couple of super sized green Indian ring neck parrots squabble on my balcony railing as I look down at the kids on their way to school. The girls shiny black plaits swing to and fro as they walk briskly through the school gates. I can hear them laughing and chatting amongst one another. This is Mumbai as I see, hear and smell it every morning. And little by little this is what I have become accustomed to. This is what I now call home. It has gone from being terrifyingly unfamiliar to now the seemingly tame almost reasonable workings of a city that bustles along with ordered mayhem. My home. Somehow Mumbai has reasoned with my judgement and lead me to believe that this....all of this going on around me makes every bit of sense. And with a blink of an eyelid the divide has been crossed. With each day I feel more and more...well local. If that can be possible. I now eat street food from my local favourite at least once a week. I barter in good humor with the same man 3 times a week for my bananas. The locals at the hardware store let the builder know I've arrived before I'm even in the door. It's this huge city that works and feels more like a country village during the day and then has the ability to be mysterious and exciting as soon as the sun goes down. It can be a thriving metropolis once you pop on a mini skirt and heels. This is home now. Wow. How the hell did that happen so quick? I need a drink just thinking about all that. A breakfast bloody mary will do just fine before yoga. Tomatoes are a super food and anti carcenagenic so they say. I'd say it's a perfectly healthy way to start the day. Oh put a sock in it I can hear you tutt tutting as I type. Plus it's thanksgiving holiday break. I'm celebrating in honor of all my darling American pals...
Just so beautiful
Thanks again for all the readers from Russia, South Korea, Norway, Canada, the U.K, the U.S of A and of course OZ and NZ. As for all my gorgeous readers in India thanks again yesterday saw you take over the U.S with the most readers for the day. Fabulous.
Queenie x

No comments:

Post a Comment