Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Desi Boyz

Okay so the movie on every girls lips at the moment in Mumbai is Desi Boyz. And I wonder why? Being Bollywood of course there are scantily clad people but this time it's the buffed up John Abraham and Akshay Kumar showing all the skin... Throw in the gorgeous Deepika Padukone and some near naked european back up dancers and voila you have the next Bollywood hit. At the end of the day sex sells anywhere baby.... I must admit John Abraham's make up artist has worked wonders because the last time I saw him at "Saltwater Cafe" he looked like he'd just walked off a Clearasil advert. I must sympathise though- the climate in mumbai is the perfect breeding ground for oily skin. I mean you're constantly sweating (well you do when you're a chubby foreigner like moi) and apparently all the celebs wash their face at least 3 times during a day. I mean I'm just asking...who's got the time for that? I can now see a very good reason for using a Burka (finally) there are some days I think I should pop one on just to cover up "the face"...it'd be less expensive and less time consuming than using make up. Just saying...
Anyhoo another day is upon us. I'm going to push myself to make it to the gym before I head off to visit the centre that works for mothers and infants in the south. Must focus and concentrate on hitting that treadmill. C'mon Queenie christmas is nearly upon us love. Good God. How am I meant to loose all those extra pounds from last year before this year is up? I need a bloody drink just thinking about it!
Queenie x

3 comments:

  1. The orange colored Pears soap - the one that has glycerine in it - works wonders at keeping your skin from getting as oily during the day even when the Indian climate keeps trying to mess your face up. I wind up washing my face twice a day quite often but only because I can't stand the feel of all that humidity and dirt on my face from living here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the great advice and I have heard this frm someone else before so I will most definetly give it a go...I love your blog too b y the way!
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete