Sunday, August 14, 2011

R.I.P Shammi Kapoor

Balcony of apartment with small garden area 
Namaskar! Well we have made an offer on an apartment in Bandra- and I am so anxious hoping that our offer is accepted. The apartment ticks every box and is perfect in every way. The design and style is fantastic, it has a great balcony of about 20m in length x 3.5m wide. The only drawback is that it has 3 double bedrooms plus one single bedroom as a guestroom. Admittedly the single guestroom does have it's own bathroom and lovely views but it is a shame. Apart from that the fitout is stunning. And it has a great little hotel right opposite for overflows when guests come to stay...so that makes up for the bedroom situation. It has a gym and games room with pool table etc. Overall it is pretty cool. A very very famous bollywood star lives opposite too. She's A list and we have to keep it confidential etc...so that's about all I can say. But we are very excited to leave the hotel and get our own place. So, fingers crossed!
Olive Restaurant and kitchen in Pali Hill
Tonight we have our frenchies back after they went to Rajasthan and the Taj Mahal in Agra for a visit. We are going to head out to "Olive Restaurant and Kitchen" for dinner in Pali Hill. I've heard that thursday's are their happening night for cocktails etc. Being a sunday it will probably be pretty quiet but I am still looking forward to giving it a try. Going to wear my denim combi tonight I think and was considering heels but my ass and thighs are so aching after going to the gym this morning. It's so embarrassing because it REALLY hurts when I walk down stairs and people have been staring at me all day whenever I grimace. I must be so out of shape... just great.
Zenzi Garden Bar Bandra
And I'm keen to give Zenzi bar a try too tonight. Have heard good things about it. Except that it has a pitifully pathetic beer selection. Oh well, will just have to order vino. Am yet to actually try some Indian wine...but am a bit nervous as I don't want to be disapointed. This way I can just have no opinion as I'm yet to try. It's decided- before dinner drinks at Zenzi...then onto Olive.
Ohhh, that reminds me, I need to go get my eyebrows threaded before dinner quickly...it's so quick and far less painful than waxing. Great idea. Right, I'm off. A big warm welcome and thank you to all the readers from South Africa, Pakistan and Mexico! Good job everyone. And my condolences to Shammi Kapoor's family and all his fans. He was an iconic Bollywood actor from the 50's and 60's...I grew up listening to his songs as my father was a big fan, so I really do feel that his passing marks the end of the golden era. I know my Dad will be sad to hear the news too. Here's his most famous song from the movie "Professor" which was released in 1962. R.I.P Shammi Kapoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment