Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fingers crossed

Kenya is just a 6 hr flight from Mumbai
Firstly I would just like to declare my support of Anna Hazare...I will always back people who fight for the justice and greater good of their nations people! It makes our apartment search seem so unimportant in comparison to this mans plight.
This morning as I got out of the taxi outside the apartment that we have put an offer on- I nearly got run over by a man trying to back his Porsche out of the driveway. Nice welcome to the building- nearly getting run over by one of your neighbours I thought! Anyhow we met the owner and it went really well. He's a lovely guy who made us feel right at home and hopefully he likes us enough to accept our offer. It's quite an odd concept to meet the owners...being property owners ourselves it is definetly not standard practice in our world. But it was a nice little meeting and really adds a personal touch to the offer. We talked about travels, the owners most recent travels to Kenya on a safari etc. (Kenya is just a 6 hour flight so we will definetly do a safari trip with the kids next year! Very exciting!!)

A popular cafe/Bar in Bandra
When we went around the apartment the second time we noticed a few things that we didn't last time- like some of the furniture not being to our personal tastes but at this point it seems irrelevant taking into account that we will be thankful to get an apartment at all! It's so centrally located that we can walk to any of the well known places like red box, eat around the corner, Zenzi Bar, Olive etc. Which is fabulous to not be dependant on a driver. We can just walk to get everything we may need- which gives you more of a sense of belonging and sense of freedom. I really really want to get this place, as I've already said. (Just in case you didn't get it!) So-fingers bloody crossed....we should hear by tonight. And then we will officially be residents of "The queen of the suburbs...Bandra." Whoop whoop. I can feel a celebratory bottle of Veuve coming on. Hmmmm.Thanks to all the support and readers from India! For three days now you have had the most readers which I am very excited about! Dhanya Vadh.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear about it - Fingers crossed I hope you are going to have this one! Looks like a good spot and definitely a nice place for you to be.
    Let us know how it goes......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...and thank you for the support and link from your page! I have also been reading and once I get my head around everything I will also add your blog on a recommended list! Thanks again Marie.
    Queenie x

    ReplyDelete