Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's raining it's pouring...

Woke up this morning to a real downpour...what a relief! Apparently they have had no rain here for a long time. Perfect day to watch a movie I thought- so I did. "Les petits mouchoirs" a frenchie of course. Has anyone seen it? It is fantastic! I laughed out loud and then cried even louder... just fabulous. Marion Cotillard the oscar winner for the "Edith Piaf- La vie en rose" is in it along with other well known french actors like Jean Dujardin etc... Good old Marion looks like she's been on a juice detox her whole life...with that bloody typically french "perfectly thin" look. Damn them for it. But...we are now all very excited about our trip to Cap ferret- since this movie was based there! Check out the right hand sidebar (Queenie's ABSOLUTE must haves) if you're interested in the movie I found it on Amazon.com with english subtitles.
As for Queenie?  Well I'm still alive...just barely. I'm entering into day 4 of no food (or more importantly no alchohol) today. Admittedly the juices are quite delicious...they have to be considering that's all I'm allowed atm. This god forsaken detox better work miracles for me. I want to feel cleansed after all this...purified like an irishman after confession.
Okay, so yesterday my youngest little prince said "Mummy my arm is sore from where I had my injection..." He said that to get a bit of attention because he then followed on with: "I think I need a foot rub!" Absolutely impossible that his arm could be sore from his vaccination as he finished them all in early june. But while I'm on this topic I have to say that we did have to have quite a few vaccinations before heading to India. It's a little different to just going to India on holiday...when you are moving to Mumbai for at least 2 years and intend on travelling all over -you really do have to consider vaccinating against most things they recommend. I had to have hep A, typhoid, a tetanus booster, rabies...and still need japanese encephalitis which I will get done once I arrive in Mumbai. Plus there's the malaria issue. We can't take anything for it when we're there for longer than 3 months...so will just have to be pretty diligent with the repellant (I wonder if Chanel does a parfum with repellant now? Safari chic? Would be good...) and cover up. Apparently during the monsoon season you have to close all doors and windows from dusk till dawn...well "HRH" won't be heading out onto the balcony for his evening ciggies anymore. Diddums...I will at least have Mumbai to thank for helping "HRH"  to give up cigarette smoking!
Right, I'm off to download  "Les petits mouchoirs" (just discovered the title in english is "Little white lies") soundtrack...it is bloody brilliant. David Bowie, Janis Joplin and this is the opening song...(see video) Have a listen everyone...it's old news here in France with all my french friends but a girlfriend said she was only just off to see the film at the cinema in Sydney!
And also have to say a big warm welcome to all the new readers in Brazil, Kenya, Costa Rica, Belgium, China,Mauritius, Korea and Germany...but still the overall highest readership for yesterday was the U.K followed closely by France- woohoo! Allez les bleus! Come on India you can do better!
P.S Am sorry for the rather tame updates as of late...it's the detox. Seems to have this calming effect you see! This saturday though (when we head to Cap Ferret) I am sure we'll all be in for  more trouble...you know in MY books tame does = lame.



No comments:

Post a Comment