Sunday, July 31, 2011

High class gypsy? But where to park the caravan?

The next Gypsy Queen? I think not!
Oh my friggin God we are leaving TOMORROW!!! That means this is our last real day in the south of france. Our last day with this 'beautiful' some might say serene view out the window. Last day with my french friends. Last day of playing petanque in the back yard. Last glass of my neighbours home made pineau. Last day. Last day. Last day...
"Lil G" has told me he considers himself Australian. "Prince M" has told me he considers himself French. So what does that make me? A travelling gypsy with no where to park her caravan at bloody present- me thinks! I keep having horrible visions of that show "My big fat gypsy wedding!" "Oh god no...garcon? Yes, yoohoo- could you please get me a bloody mary immeadiately ?!"
But let's not forget that means there will be a first day in India, a first day in our new home (just because we don't have one in India at this very moment -there's no need to go caravan shopping just yet!) a first day  for meeting new friends, a first day for the kids at their new school. A first day for discovering our new favourite restaurant. A first day to mark the beginning of our new lives. A first day. A first day. A first day...
Wish it was all that bloody simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment