Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Sami Sisters? What a find!

Queen of the Suburbs Mumbai expat Mumbai India bandra queenDown to 6 days till we arrive in Mumbai and everything is cruising along quite nicely here in France. My obsession with India and all things Indian is getting out of control, quite quickly! I just can't stop thinking about the food, the monsoon rains, cricket matches, the mosquitoes, BOLLYWOOD...all of it. Bollywood...yes that's right- I'd forgotten about that whole industry. Wow how fascinating. Am so excited.
Was flicking through my ipod yesterday and came across "The Sami Sister's" a band that I first heard of whilst holidaying in New Zealand over a year ago. Well- they appear to have a new single up on itunes and an album just released. Brings back wonderful memories of that amazing country down under. I strongly suggest you all have a listen...and of course just discovered they are part Indian too! (What a small world) They have a website which I will be checking on regularly to try to get my hands on a copy of their new album www.thesamisisters.com or itunes New Zealand of course.
Anyhoo I have added some profile pages for each member of the family (after all your requests- you curious monkeys) which you will find at the top of the page. Funnily enough the most popular profile page to date has been our cat Sammy's which is pretty hilarious! What's up with that everyone? 
Went to a fabulous little french market this morning and purchased a vintage YSL scarf and "HRH" found a very rare bright blue "Ricard" ash try in mint condition. Will have to squish them in the valises for India too. Merde! How we will fit anything more in I don't know.
Right, off to our friends home to play petanque and drink copious amounts of pineau and rose wine. Pineau and petanque are a great mix of course! Have a lovely evening everyone and hope you enjoy listening to the Sami Sisters...their sound is just sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment