Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dreams

An Xmas champagne coctail s'il vous plait?
Namaskar readers, on this lovely cool sunday morning in the city of all cities- MUMBAI!
We are now officially 7 days out from Christmas and it will be my first ever celebrated in India. Christmas brunch has been booked, flights organised to Jaipur, hotels sorted in Agra for the Taj Mahal visit and our regular driver is ready to go in Udaipur one of my favourite places in all the world. My christmas tree is up with presents underneath and the little munchkins have written their letters to father christmas too. What to do now? Eat. Drink. And of course be merry. My very festive red louboutins are out of the box ready to wear and I'm just finalising my ensemble for the big day. Somehow I don't think my Herve Leger silver bandage dress will be suitable? I might go the more casual Chloe day dress? Hmmm yes. Will need something expandable to say the least. Christmas brunch will be a long affair I can assure you. I wonder if Santa got me the Jade Jagger jewellery from "Le Mill" that I'd been wanting as a stocking filler? I doubt it. Santa has gotten a little practical in his older age these days (wink wink.)
Dreams by Sapana Spring Summer 2011 collection
I had some cocktails with a gorgeous designer last night (at Esco Bar in Bandra) who is still a relative secret (very exclusive and hush hush) nobody likes to wear mainstream these days. Sadly Ritu Kumar has joined the mainstream crowd in my books. I'm all about exclusivity and being able to wear fabulous designers that not every tom, dick or Aditya would wear. So I have ordered this fabulous outfit for an upcoming event I have planned. It's a long white skirt with a gold and black trim and the sexiest teeny tiny matching bolero jacket. I think this piece would be a show stopper. Of course we can only dream of looking like the model (sadly I DO NOT grizzle grizzle fricking cheese naans!) but even if I look half as good as her then I'll be over the moon. Take a squizz at her website too ( right hand sidebar beside the image- DREAMS BY SAPANA) as she custom makes divine pieces and location is no problem. You can be in the states (she's actually american but based in Mumbai now) or Australia or the U.K and still wear these unique outfits! Woohoo. I'm sold baby.
What else is new? Ohhh yes I was out and about at the Oberoi mall and spotted my fave Priyanka Chopra and SRK promoting the launch of the new Don 2 games. HRH was thrilled and I do have to admit that Pri was looking pretty amazing in her light pink mini dress. DAMN them Indian hotties. I mean I'm half Indian but I just don't seem to get any of the good traits. Oh well, hi ho hi ho it's off to the bloody gym I go. I have to try to get into my "Dreams by Sapana" outfit soon. Crikey.
Hope all your xmas preps are going good darlings... when all else fails just pop a bottle of champers I say. I mean it's christmas so it's obligatory.
Queenie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment