Thursday, September 29, 2011

We'll always have Paris

Paris we are not...
I heart Mumbai and ya know what I'm not afraid to say it! Ok so sure it's not Sydney, London or New York. But that's why I'm here...to be in Mumbai. To feel at home in my ancestral homeland and allow my wee ones the opportunity to get to know this place intimately. To be able to call India home. And for all the compromises we have to make (yeah ok there are a few...) I still believe it's worth it. I'm a little over hearing some (and admittedly they are few) expats or NRI's (non resident Indian's to you not in the loop) moan on about the small little things that aren't perfect about this place. Look here's my point- we all made the decision to live here...you knew it wasn't Paris when you moved here, so seriously give it a BREAK already. Live in the present and accept what you have right in front of you cos it might actually surprise you! Make the most of what we actually "do" have as opposed to what we don't and you never know- it might really do you some good to learn to live without all those material items. That's my little rant over and done with for the day!
Sorry. Hate doing that...but sometimes you just gotta say what ya gotta say. If you go into something wanting to enjoy it I believe you will. And you know what? I sure as hell do want to enjoy myself in Mumbai. So I'll scream it from the rooftops...."I LOVE MUMBAI". Suck on that all you haters!
Thanks for all the new readers from all over like Finland, Norway, Mexico, Pakistan, Dubai, Singapore and Thailand. And as for you all in India...keep it up it's phenomenal!
Queenie

1 comment:

  1. Well said! People are never happy anyway! They would somewhere else they would complain again.
    Enjoy India!!!! Enjoy Mumbai!!!

    ReplyDelete