Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To train or not to train?

Queenie without a personal trainer????
You know what I'm thinking everyone? I'm thinking that the apartment owner does have a better offer...or is waiting for one at least. We still haven't heard anything! Being Mumbai there are probably a thousand and one people queuing up to get the apartment. Sigh. Well I'm sick of waiting. I have to find something else to focus on or get my teeth into. So, I've decided to enrol in the hindi classes that I've been thinking about doing. The wee princes school is running an adult programme that I will check out in the interim whilst we search for apartments. Later on down the track I can enrol in something more regular at a proper language school in the right suburb- near the apartment. Today our driver told me I have a pretty good accent (which I was gob smacked to hear) so I just need to focus on sentence structure and vocab really.
Tennis anyone?
And I also thought I would either a) get a personal trainer again- let's be honest it's high time and I'm getting desperate now. b) Take some tennis lessons- bit nervous about this as I've been told I'm pretty bad...not joking. Or c) do some yoga classes....hmmm this definetly sounds like the most appealing option. (But prob in most need of the P.T in all honesty...oh god such a high mountain to climb!)
I had a girlfriend who was meant to be coming to visit from the antipodes (she's in the banking sector) and due to all of this "apartment search from hell palava" has had to reschedule to later in the piece unfortunately. Would have been fabulous to see her and have her as a guest with us at our home but obviously the cards haven't been played out the way we wanted...it's such a shame. Apart from forcing the apartment owner to drink a" love these tenants" magic potion- we can't do much from our position.
Or Yoga perhaps anyone?
'HRH" finally got his crown finished today (yes the one for the tooth!) -poor thing it's been a hassle. So while he was in the chair I whipped off for a pedicure. Well I certainly made the right choice...it was like paradise. I've honestly never had such an amazing pedicure, the foot massage was sublime and seemed to go on for an eternity. Ok yes admittedly I've had great pedicures in the past (in spas and resorts) but this one really did knock it out of the park!!! But the most shocking part was when I came up to the counter to pay for my 45 minute treatment...the cost. It cost 250 rupees, or 4 euros that's $5.5 US or $6 AUD???? Absolute madness. It was actually embarrassing- so I left a 250 rupees tip. I couldn't walk out with it costing less than $10.
Well that's it folks. I'm off for a quick G&T...just a single. Makes for a change- I actually made it through the day without one disaster. Hmmmm that's actually means for celebration. Maybe I'll make it a champers.
Still more new readers today from different places all together- very exciting to see. Thanks to you all from United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and Portugal. And to all the Indian Anna Hazare supporters- know that I am with you!!!!
Queenie

3 comments:

  1. That's weird he never contacted you again..........but anyway focusing on something else is definitely a good option. I would go for Indian Course and something you can let go of anger or stress......tennis is not to bad for this except if you are as bad as me! But that's another matter.
    Take care and hope to read better news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! I dont think you could be as bad as me at tennis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can bet on this I am sure! Worst marks at school - spent my entire year throwing balls on a wall...so.............??

    ReplyDelete