Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy "Janmashtami" everyone...

Happy Janmashtami everyone...today is Lord Krishna's birthday and Mumbai is a hive of activity! I remember as a little girl I loved to watch VHS (yes I am definetly showing my age here) movies from India- of Krishna's adventures. Today to celebrate his birthday the local people in the street form huge human pyramids and then climb to the top to reach a pot of cream. Just as the cheeky little Lord Krishna would do as a child in his quest for fresh cream on the farm he is said to have lived on. We will head into Bandra this evening to celebrate with everyone and show the kids some of these amazing gymnastic feats! The happiness and laughter around Mumbai tonight is so heart warming...Good to see. So I hope everyone is enjoying their Janmashtami festival...I'm off for a mango lassi and some barfi for sure! (Definetly not wearing stilettos tonight either btw...LOL not with crowds like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment