Tuesday, August 9, 2011

London's burning



Freakin' hell. London what is up? I mean, look- I know 'what's up' but my god, I never would have expected to see a bonified war zone in London. Water canons? Looters and rioters? It's pretty god damn terrifying. I have very very close friends in London and have been pretty shocked and scared for them all. I just can't believe how quickly the situation has escalated out of control...God I hope that everyone's voices that need to be heard -are heard, and both sides can come to some kind of a reasonable compromise. 2011 has been a year of absolute hell thus far with earthquakes, flooding, riots and bombings. Come on let's give it a break everyone.
Well, we are all pretty excited about the boys first day of school. We have organised everything needed, security passes, clothes they need and now all we have to do is show up. It's been quite a while since they've been at school, so it will be really great for them. And high time they  meet some friends in Mumbai too. Plus I will really welcome a little time to myself. I have an enormous amount of work to get back on top of- and a thousand and one emails to catch up on as well.
Dr Fish Pedicures Mumbai
I went to get a pedicure yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when I looked in the tub to discover hundreds of little fish (normally hot springs dwellers) swirling around my feet. Apparently they suck off the dead skin cells on your feet whilst giving you a hot soak at the same time! The ladies then move onto a massage and nail polish application. All this for 4 euros...WTF? Seriously? I couldn't quite bring myself to go ahead with it. I mean it just seems sort of disgusting having fish eat your dead skin cells...hmmm. Not sure about this one. Might get the "QM" one of these 'Dr Fish pedicures' as a gift and use her as the guinea pig. I mean I could be missing out on something here? (Bloody doubt it but ya never know)
So we have decided to just stay here at the hotel for the first month as it's very close to everything and has a lovely pool and quite a good gym. Just for while we search for the right apartment it seems the simplest option. Have seen nothing interesting yet, but going to look at a few penthouses with outdoor terraces on thurs, fri and saturday. Fingers crossed. Living in a hotel isn't ideal with the wee princes but they have been so good so far- thank god! And love riding their scooters round racing the butlers down the hallways! I don't know who has more fun- the bored to death staff or my unruly sons!!!
Chicken Tikka Masala wraps
Might also head into Satya Paul to get some salwar kameez' and indian attire soon. They have some stunning pieces there and I would really like something to wear out to formal events etc. We have a friends wedding coming up in Delhi so I should try to get something soon.There are so many different options that I really want to do some research into what exactly is the go for hip young fashionistas in Mumbai.
Right I'm off to the gym to try to work off all those chicken tikka masala wraps I've been chowing down. Or I could just skip it and head down to the bar with the family for a G&T apero...yes, that sounds alot more appealing. Maybe they could bring it up to the pool area? Kids could swim...yes that's a plan. Such a good mother always thinking of them first huh? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment