Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Raksha Bandhan Bhai

Happy Raksha Bandhan to all those brothers and sisters out there! I hope everyone has a fantastic day today celebrating with their families. I of course have had to send an e-rakhi to my elusive brother...KCM seems to be MIA somewhere in Asia atm. Oh well he'll pop up somewhere soon.
Raksha Bandhan is a festival primarily observed in India which celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters. The central ceremony involves the tying of a rakhi (a sacred and adorned thread) by a sister onto her brother's wrist. This symbolizes the sisters love and prayers for her brothers well being, and the brothers in turn lifelong vow to protect her. I personally love the concept of celebrating the appreciation between siblings...it's beautiful.
Well I am sure to treat myself today to as many barfi and as much halva and kulfi I want. I mean it is a special festival and I am a sister too... Happy Holidays and a big warm welcome to the readers in Poland, Germany, Singapore and Norway (my thoughts are still with you all!)





1 comment:

  1. Please help this boy poor boy from Haiti for God sake
    I have made a blog on blogspot and have added a google ads in the blog but haven't made a dime with this. I need your help and support to help me make some bucks to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

    follow these simple steps to help me

    go to my profile and visit my blog from there
    .Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    . click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
    remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    Improtant: Please click one time only.
    I will be grateful to you
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete