Thursday, August 11, 2011

Controversy? No thanks...

Off apartment searching today...really want to be in Bandra but Powai also seems interesting??!! Have no idea but the commute in the traffic each day sounds less than appealing. Was watching the tv for an instant last night and saw an interview with Amitabh Bachchan about his latest movie "Aarakshan" which has been banned in U.P for 2 months due to the portrayal of the backward communities there. The State film committee felt that it's screening would create law and order problems due to the alleged objectionable dialogue in the film.Well...what a scandal. But, the leading actress sure is beautiful. Her name is Deepika Padukone and her biggest movie was "Om Shanti Om" with Shahrukh Khan. Obviously she's a former model...wish she could swing a few diet tips my way. I mean how do Indian girls stay in shape with all that delicious food around??? I am bloody baffled. Just not fair!
Anyhow I really do need to hit the gym before we head off to look at apartments. Deepika has motivated me. Might also pop down to Zara and get some wardrobe staples to keep me going before our container arrives. Living out of a suitcase and in a hotel is hideous.
I found this catchy song from the Aarakshan movie which I will keep in mind as I try to lift my white pasty legs with each step I take on the treadmill. If only we could all look like this beauty...sigh. Oh well at least I don't have delhi belly yet- I personally believe it's an urban myth as I have never been sick in India. And always believe that this malady is saved for the foolish tourist. Although don't speak too soon...with just my luck anything is possible! Great.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Never speak too soon...........I see slowly you are getting use to your new life and hopefully soon you'll have a nice place to live!
    Yes I can't get either why Indian girls are so slim with all the delicious and sugary dishes they eat.......Mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marie Harmony for the link to my page...I have been visiting your site as well...it is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete