Friday, November 11, 2011

Yogi's breakfast

Yes darling make that a shot of wheatgrass
I finally made it to yoga this morning after months of saying I would! And it was fantastic. It was a beautiful morning in Mumbai today and after I dropped the kids off "HRH" and I decided to go to the Yoga house for breakfast. Mornings at the Yoga House are lovely with the ocean breeze and a nice cup of chai tea. When we arrived I bumped into some friends who somehow persuaded me to do the 8am Iyengar class. Well my muscles hadn't been worked like that in a very long time and before 15 minutes was up I was sweating and struggling to keep up. Guess I have a bit of catch up to do... damn it. The other ladies all looked so serene and relaxed. What the hell? Well I'll show them. Having said that I may need some serious muscle relaxants before class. I wonder if thats a big NO NO in the yoga world? Hmmmm.
This will be Queenie before you know it
After class I joined "HRH" on the deck (he looking smug and content with the Indian Times- me looking rather "flushed") and I settled in for some beautiful banana and almond porridge, a glass of coconut water and a shot of wheatgrass. I downed the shot of wheatgrass like a pro- you could say I've had a bit of practice with shots. And not of the wheatgrass kind.
So I left the yoga house with a twice a week month pass. Let's see how I go. If I end up looking anything like the super sexy Maud- then me and my cellulite will be very happy. Must focus. Must apply oneself. Must succeed. Must get long lean thighs like the instructor. 
The ever hopeful Queenie x

1 comment:

  1. Yoga is good anyway! And looks like you had a healthy breakfast too. I am sure you'll enjoy it, it's a question of practice!
    have a lovely week-end!

    ReplyDelete