Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hare Krishna


Australian Aboriginal Flag
Firstly congratulations to Marie who was the 50th member to join this site!!! Fantastic! Yesterday we had the most viewerships EVER to date, and the top country was...wait for it- Australia followed closely by the U.K and Germany! I am blown away by how many of you are actually reading this...Thanks very much for the support everyone.
Today marks the "7 days till Mumbai' mark and it all seems to be just going a little too quickly for my liking. So many things are whirling through my head that I am going quite crazy...Like don't forget to buy an electrified mosquito racket...? WTF? What is that? Well it's a tennis racket looking contraption you use to fry mosquitoe's with....hmmm better get me one of those me thinks! Seriously.
Queen of the Suburbs expat Mumbai bandra queen India blogAnd do I need another pair of Hunter Wellingtons? (Hmmm the new ones with military style buttons down the side...) I have never lived in a country that has a monsoon season soooo am quite nervous as to what the daily reality of that actually means. What will be my new reality? How will moving to India change me? So many questions...
I feel really strange at the moment. In a surreal zombie like state where I am neither here (France) nor there (India) yet. Tonight we have a friends birthday party but I know my eyes will glaze over and I will think of lotus flowers, curry and krishna- instead of champagne and caviar. That's not a bad thing. Perhaps I am ready for the change or actually need the change of lifestyle? I'm sure I'm enough of a superficial materialistic cow to warrant some soul cleansing...aren't we all to a degree?
Queen of the Suburbs expat Mumbai India blogOh god I seriously need a drink with all of this self flagellation carry on. Perhaps a meander through the boutique stores will help me snap out of it? Saw the most divine dress at "Maje" the other day, oh and "Zadig and Voltaire" had a gorgeous cashmere sweater too. A nice cheap and cheerful purchase always works a treat. But all I can think of is Mumbai, Mumbai...Mumbai. Hare Krishna, Hare Rama save me. What would a mango lassi taste like with vodka in it? I'm thinking like a pina colada? Garcon?

2 comments:

  1. Happy to have joined you on your adventure! I imagine you don't know really where you are right now, half in France, half in India.
    I had the same feeling when I decided to come to Ireland in 2006.
    Good luck for getting everything ready and hope to read more about you soon. Take care

    PS: The boots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, welcome and lovely to hear from you. Wow you relocated to Ireland in 2006 huh? And from where? Very exciting...I have heard wonderful things about Ireland...and I know you can always get a good drink in those parts ;-)
    Have decided that the best way to tackle the monsoon season is head on...so will invest in as many wellingtons as I can fit in the wardrobe!
    Look forward to hearing from you again too.

    Queenie the Monsoon Queen x

    ReplyDelete