Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let's get zen at "THE YOGA HOUSE"

How cute is "The Yoga House" everyone?
Okay- so I have discovered the most divine yoga spot in Bandra West and am seriously excited about getting started. The place is called "The Yoga House" and was opened by a lovely french lady and er Indian partner a short time ago. She found a run down old colonial bungalow and has spruced it up to create the most gorgeous zen zone. It's pretty small but has a breezy laid back atmosphere with an amazing little cafe that serves (wait for it-GOOD COFFEE and) a wonderful macrobiotic menu. The banana porridge and mozarella filled hashbrowns are simply superb. I would have to say it is up there as my favourite breakfat spot in Bandra! The beautiful venetian chandelier, glass windows and stained glass door handles have a distinct french country feel which teamed with the sea breeze- make for a very nice spot to relax.
The Yoga House cafe
Are you for real Deepika?
They run all types of yoga classes and even kids yoga too on the weekend so it is seriously a pretty great place. I'm thinking of booking in to do a class with Deepika Mehta a Mumbai yogini who seems to be very well known in the Bollywood circles. She's pretty damn hot...so "I'll have what she's having thanks." Here's hoping she can work some magic on these orange peel thighs huh? Surely she can? I hear she's the best! Am pretty thrilled. Wash board abs here I come...maybe I might go all spiritual on it too. Hmmm, that reminds me -what am I going to wear? This pseudo gypsy style existence- living out of a suitcase crap is becoming tedious. I wish our bloody possessions would arrive in India. How I've survived without my beloved shoes- I don't know? If you had of asked me several months ago if I could have done 6 weeks without all my shoes I probably would have laughed in your face. But today...things seem a little different. Mumbai seems to be changing me. I can feel it ever so slightly...creeping up on me. Bloody terrifying. Enough about that- I'm trying to channel Deepika Mehta sexiness right now. Just going to say it again...damn. Hot.
Big yoohoo to everyone from Malaysia, Bangladesh, Poland, Dubai and Switzerland. And thank's for joining the site Athena! Good stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Izdiher and Amanda, thanks for reading and following. I have never really tried yoga either. I always wanted to wait until I was in India to give it a go. I am so excited about getting started. I love your own blogs...very creative clever ladies! Thanks for the support!
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete